Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mackinac Island!!!!!

Grand Hotel
Quaint Little Church that I think is beautiful!
Jeff and I were walking back from Brunch and I looked and saw this!
Riding 'borrowed' bikes while taking pics. Happened to take this one. There is an orb (round, white thing) on the front lawn. FREAKY. Still scared.
Party People-Lots of super fun people!
This past weekend, Jeff and I went to an annual conference related to his job. This year it was held at Mackinac Island, which is in northern Michigan. Mackinac Island is a National Historic Landmark, nestled between the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. It is so beautiful up there. So relaxing and fun.


Some info about the island...

*No cars allowed on the island. Most transporting is done by horse and buggy. Most people ride bikes around the island, which I think is about 8 miles long or round- I don't know.

*Was a battleground during the war of 1812. Lots of info I am not including here. If interested, go to http://www.mackinacisland.org/

*The movie Somewhere In Time was filmed here.

*It smells like horse poop.

*It is haunted, YES, it is haunted. Not cool. I have a picture. Proof is in the pudding people. Not to mention that most people have a ghost story to share-if you ask-which I did.

*There are LOTS of fudge shops there.

*One Starbucks is located on the island...:)

All kidding aside...Mackinac Island is a great place to visit. Here a few pics from out trip.

More pics to come:)

1 comment:

Steph C said...

That is so fun you and Jeff got away and how beautiful and neat:) Hope you enjoyed yourself! Post a picture of your sisters baby girl:) I am dying to see her. I will be going in for my induction on Wednesday the 9th if the baby doesn't come before that! I will keep you posted!