Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beckham's bath time

beckham is out of sorts tonight. in fact, I am blogging this late bc he keeps getting up, whimpering like a little puppy, crying, screaming...he was vaccinated today (will post pics of that later). so sad. he made it through the shots wonderfully. however; peyton, auntie heather, and i were a MESS! peyton kept telling the doctor to leave her baby brother alone, whilst shielding her eyes with her little hand and staring at the procedure the whole time. i had to hold him down and watch his little face contort into the many different phases of pain that come with multiple shots in a matter of 6 seconds. it sucked.

getting my kids vaccinated has been such a subject of turmoil for me and to many others in my circle of friends. my inner dialogue goes WACKY when i think about it. to vaccinate or not?? this seems to be the BIG question discussed by many of the mommies in my life. it sucks. i hate thinking about it.

will beckham become autistic from the vaccination that I his mother, approved that he receive? what if he becomes withdrawn? what if we lose the little boy that i am sooooo in love with? what if he stops showing emotion?...the list goes on and on and on and on.

i finally decided to get the shots done. after much research, and discussions, and even a few tears...he is up to date. i feel good about it. i guess it just comes down to doing for your child what you feel is best. this felt like the right thing to do for us. being a mommy can be so hard. so many decisions. when the time came for becks to get his shots 6 months ago, i decided to wait. my advice, do things in your time. yes, there are schedules to follow-but you have to come to peace with these things first. we are good moms and do the best that we can do. i just love my kids to pieces and hope a lot of the other "stuff" just falls into place:)

xoxo

bath time makes beckham's "boo boo's feel better."
Photobucket
beck's bath time beauties...his lashes!
Photobucket
sweet, sweet boy!
Photobucket
this is peyton running away from bath time...crazy kid!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kelle said...

I support your decision 100%. I would never judge anyone on parenting decisions--to each his own--but I feel strongly about vaccinations. I love Jenny McCarthy, but she's done some damage in needlessly scaring the crap out of a lot of moms. Yay for doing the research and still following through and yay for all of you for making it! I hate shot day!

Samantha said...

I can't imagine how hard it would be to see your baby in pain. I love that about Peyton telling the Dr. to leave her brother alone. So cute!

Rayna said...

Good for you Heidi. This too weighs a huge weight on my chest. I still get sick to my stomach each time we go in for vaccinations, but I know it's for the best. I trust our pediatrician more than anything. Society has turned us into moms that have to walk around on pins/needles and question everything we do as parents. What happened to just relaxing and being a mom. We're good moms. PERIOD!

Steph C said...

Heidi I am scared to death about them too! But Kelle is so right about what Jenny has done! We are all scared to death and now being a mother I can relate and ALL the decision are SO and more than I could have ever imagined but we do our best, trust our doctors and just pray. Skye will be getting her first shots on Tuesday and I am already losing sleep over it as I love her more than I could have EVER imagined loving something in my life so I totally understand how you fell:) Love you and can't wait until you get back! See you Wednesday! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know we have talked about this endlessly and I think you have to do what you feel is right-- I hate the whole thing but feel better doing it on my schedule and picking and choosing- so whatever makes us sleep better at night!
XOX
Annette