Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fancy Words Are Simply Fascinating!!!





Bonjour-fancy for hello!I LOVE Fancy Nancy books! It is a line of children's books that are adorable, charming, and a fun way to learn new words. I love french themed anything, so when I found Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy, I bought it right away. The illustrations are beautiful, the writing whimsical and 'chic!' I finally found some new Fancy Nancy books yesterday and excitedly read them to Peyton. The newest one is called Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words. It might be the teacher in me, but I adore this book. Ooh la la!-fancy for "Look! How wonderful!" Nancy says that using a fancy word in a sentence, is like adding sprinkles to vanilla ice cream!!!!!!!!! LOVE THAT! Yes, it is the teacher in me, but it is great for teaching new $100 words for writing!
Do you think I could get paid for the review I just gave this book?!!
Other books in the series include...Fancy Nancy, Fancy Nancy: Bonjour Butterfly! Check them out...Kelle-I know this is a series after your own heart. Jenn, FINALLY MORE FANCY NANCY!!!
I know I am being a bit...zany-fancy for very silly but I am a bit of a xenophile-fancy for a person who loves foreign people and foreign things! LOL

3 comments:

Kelle said...

You know what really rocks? Costco has the Fancy books for TEN bucks...for hardcover!

Heidi said...

WOWSA! That is great! They are like 17 bucks at Barnes & Noble! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Liv loves Fancy Nancy books as well - it is hilarious the words she is learning and using and the boys think the books are pretty funny as well!
Love ya
Annette