sometimes i find myself without the need or desire to blog or post. at times i am to tired or at a loss for words. nothing i feel passionate enough to write about. i don' t make myself post because if anything else i expect of my writing on here...it needs to be real and from the heart and trying to write from the heart when the heart doesn't want to share is tough. today, i want to post. i am overloaded in pictures and stories to share. i am blessed enough to have a life so full in the last couple of months to not know where to start, so instead shut the computer and say to myself, "tomorrow is the day." i want to post because this is my place, my little corner of the web where what i write is 'published.' i have said many times before that i write this blog for my children. i write it knowing i will have it bound into a book. one day they will read it and know me as i was...when they were younger. a young family making memories, and loving one another desperately in this great big world. i hope what they take away from this diary is that their mommy was a real woman learning and living and growing everyday. making mistakes, making friends, making dinner, making a home.
even though i would like to post peyton's first day of school and my last photo shoot, i have decided to post 33 thoughts/ideas/beliefs/mutterings in honor of my 33rd birthday that just recently passed. i am unusually emotional tonight which i am sure is the warning that in about a week i will be craving chocolate and crying at publix commercials...regardless, i want to write because in this moment i feel so lucky and happy and i want to put it out there so i can look back when i am 34 and remember what a great start to my 33rd year was. i am writing this in the format of the same questionnaire you find in us weekly's 25 things you didn't know about me. i can't help it, i love reading those.
ramblings of a 33 year old...1. september 18th was my ten year anniversary and i have still can not believe that i am old enough to have been married for ten years. "holy, wt?" loops through my head non-stop!!!:) i am grateful for the ten years that jeff and i have been married. not all marital bliss...but lots of love, learning, and growing have made us the couple we are today. i am proud of us. truly and honestly proud of us.
2. i love my kids more and more every single day. listening to them interact, love, protect, and care for one another is a gift i didn't fully understand until i had two babies.
a couple of weeks ago, while j and i were away on our cruise, my mother-in-law found beckham in bed with his sister. peyton had her arm wrapped around him and they were sleeping. they didn't wake up until morning.
there is something about thinking about my little baby, getting up in the middle of the night and walking through a dark and quiet sleeping house to walk to the room his big sister was staying in, climbing into bed, pulling the covers up, curling up to peyton and going to sleep. i can't stand it. i'm so in love with these kids.
3. i really think my kids adore me...mostly me...and i relish that. they 'like me best.' as immature as that sounds...i don't care. i love it, and don't know what i'll do when they move on to their friends and mtv in the future and i no longer get 1000 kisses a day or 150 random, "i love you, mama!" seriously though, how does one let go of that???!!!!
5. i adore red wine with dinner.
6. jeff is a really good man, regardless how crazy he can make me. lately, i find myself thanking god for such a good man even though sometimes i know i am hard to take. us polleti women are passionate and hot tempered at times...it's the italian in us. thank you baby!
7. i've learned that the extra lines on my face are beautiful...i dont' mind, really i don't. is that weird?
8. gray hair are thicker than regular therefore, i like gray hair!!!:)
9. i dream a lot. i'm a romantic and i love to shop and i'm not an outdoorsy gal. i have fought hard at trying to make jeff think i'm into lots of camping and beach side volleyball...nope, nada, no. i would much prefer to shop, read a book, sit on a swinging porch swing and sip iced tea. he's cool with it, even though he tries to get me to golf every once and awhile:) i'll do it, jeff!
10. i love to be home. i'm a homebody. i love to light candles, turn down the thermostat, make a pot of chili and open the windows, bake something.
11. i love people. i love meeting new people, i love seeing the best in people. not always easy, but so worth it.
12. i really love iced coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon. dunkin donuts has the best!!! starbucks takes second place.